Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another ADU Fan Speaks Out


City Counsel Men and Women,

            I hope that your considerations for ADU’s are strong ones. I have lived in both a mother in law apt. as well as a carriage house. Both of these living conditions have been some of the most communal and enjoyable living experiences I have undertook. It is the only way I could afford to live in an area that truly felt like home. It gave a great since of security for both me and my close by neighbor. I loved being able to be close by city transit, not needing a car to enjoy life and living in a HOME. They both were solid homes that were quite and a relief of apartment life. I have never felt so relaxed.  The benefit it gave the city and me was a strong desire to be a home owner. I am in the process now of buying my first home.

AUD’s  - good for the community by creating good neighbors.

Thanks

Vance Hall
Denver CO

1 comment:

  1. Vance has hit on a "core competency" of ADU's. Many folks just don't feel comfortable or relaxed in a 12 or 80 unit apartment building. Even the beautiful new bldg. at Broadway and Alameda, which has big elevators and great soundproofing can't compare to an ADU.

    Why not? Let's say you are a 68 year old widow. Would you like to lug your groceries the equivalent of a city block from where you have to park? What if it's 3am and your little dog starts whining and needs to go out?

    Yet the rental price for an ADU of equivalent square footage is typically lower than an apartment in a squeaky clean new building.

    ReplyDelete